Article 2 (Purpose of icotto)
icotto is a travel information media based on the concept of “Hartwarming trip”. The main purpose is to post information based on the above concept posted by Users and to allow other Users to view it.
Article 3 (Privacy)
- Handling of Personal Information
- purpose of use
In providing this service to its Users, the Company will obtain personal information regarding Users to the extent necessary. Such personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- To enable users to use this service smoothly
- To facilitate access to Company services, including the preparation of statistical data in forms not permitting identification of specific individuals.
- To respond to inquiries from users
- To announce information, etc. related to icotto or advertising information, etc. where the advertiser is a business operator other than the Company
- To provide new plans related to icotto
- To introduce products and services of our company or our group companies
- For lots for campaigns, etc., and for sending prizes and products
- To verify the identity of users when making inquiries, etc.
- To exercise rights and fulfill obligations based on contracts, laws, etc.
- When it is based on legitimate reasons such as laws and regulations
- To contact you as necessary, such as other important notices regarding icotto
- Provision to Third Parties
Except in the following circumstances, the Company will neither disclose nor provide personal information concerning any User to third parties:
- User consents to such disclosure or provision.
- The information is disclosed or provided as statistical data in a manner that does not allow personal identification of the User.
- Disclosure or provisions are compelled by or pursuant to laws and regulations.
- Disclosure or provision is required to safeguard life, health, or property in cases in which obtaining the User's consent is likely to prove difficult.
- Disclosure or provision is essential to improving or safeguarding public health or promoting sound childrearing under conditions in which obtaining the User's consent is likely to prove difficult.
- Attempts to obtain the User's consent will likely hinder the fulfillment of statutory actions by a national government agency or local government or contractor thereof in cases in which these parties compel the Company to cooperate.
To the extent necessary for the purposes of use set forth above, the Company may outsource the whole or part of the handling of personal information obtained after taking appropriate protective measures.
- Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, or Discontinuation of Utilization
User requests to be informed of the purpose of use or for disclosure, correction ,addition to ,deletion, discontinuation of utilization, or erasure of the User's personal information will be accepted and processed as specified in “Handling of Personal Information”, or in an email to email@example.com
Handling of Personal Information:
- Other Matters
Please note that full access to this service may not be possible if any item is left blank. If the Company determines that a User has acted to the detriment of another User or a third parties, the Company may notify the User's information to the relevant third parties, the police, or related organizations.
- Third party sites that Users can access through icotto have individual privacy rules and data collection rules independent of the Company.
- About informative data
In order to provide better services to icotto Users, we may acquire and use information related to Users such as cookies, web beacons, location information (hereinafter collectively referred to as "informative data"). refer to "Handling of Personal Information".
For information on how to disable (opt-out) cookies, etc. issued by each business operator, please refer to "Opt-out".
- About the use of other companies' services
This service uses "an external service" provided by Google Inc., and the User's usage information (excluding personal information) of icotto is used to determine the quality and convenience of icotto, such as operability and security. and Google Inc. for the purpose of improving quality and effective advertisement distribution, and users shall agree to this before using icotto. For more information, please see "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites and apps".
- About the Privacy Rights of California Residents
- As used in this section: (a) “CCPA” means the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and any regulation promulgated thereunder; (b) “Business”, “Business Purpose”, “Processing”, “Sales”, “Sell”, “Share”, and “Sensitive Personal Information” have the respective meanings given in the CCPA; and (c) “Personal Information” means “personal information” as defined in the CCPA, but only to the extent the personal information is collected, accessed, obtained, received, used, disclosed, or otherwise processed by the Company as a result of its provision of Services to Customer in its capacity as a Business under the Agreement.
- Under the CCPA, California residents will have the following rights.
- Requests to Know: you can request us to disclose information about your personal information, such as the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the purposes of collecting, selling, or sharing, the categories of third parties with whom the Company shares personal information, or any other information required under the CCPA. Please refer to Article 2 through 7 of the "Handling of Personal Information" for details regarding these matters;
- Requests to Delete: you can ask us to delete your personal information we have collected;
- Requests to correct: you can ask us to correct your inaccurate personal information that we have ;
- Requests to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information: you can ask us to limit the use of your sensitive personal information, and to disclose your sensitive personal information that we have collected. , and we will acquire it for the sole purpose of displaying your location on Google Maps only if you use the facility's vicinity map feature and agree to the acquisition of your current location information on Google Maps. ” or “share” it with third parties. If you do not consent to the acquisition of your precise geolocation, please refrain from using the current location display function on the facility's vicinity map feature;
- opt out of “sales”: opt out of certain disclosures of personal information that California law defines as “Sales” even if no money is exchanged (you may exercise that right here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information). sell” or “share” your personal information (cookies, web beacons, location information) in accordance with the following provisions:
- Provision to third parties (Article 3.1-iii)
- Outsourcing (Article 3.1-iv)
- Handling of Personal Information
We do not “sell” or “share” personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization ;
- be free from discrimination: You can freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services;
If you would like to ask about or exercise the rights described above, please contact us in accordance with Article 8 of “Handling of Personal Information” or in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. to know, the rights to delete, the rights to correct, please submit the documents described in Article 8 of the "Handling of Personal Information".
You may use an authorized agent to exercise your rights in accordance with the CCPA. In that case, please submit the documents listed in Article 8 of “Handling of Personal Information”.
Once we receive the request, we will verify your identity based on your personal information that we already have and that we may additionally require from you for the verification purpose.
Please note that we may also require additional information from you in order to respond your request appropriately.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.Please also note that your rights are not absolute, and there are some grounds where we may decline your request as permitted under the applicable law.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the contents of this Policy or other aspects of how your personal information is handled, please contact us.
Article 4 (Information content)
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, legality, suitability for purpose, or any other matters of the content of the information posted, viewed, or posted on icotto, and the User suffers damages related to such information. held responsible in any case.
- All or part of the information provided in icotto may be changed, interrupted, or stopped without prior notice to the User.
Article 5 (Improvement of the environment for using this service)
- When using icotto, User shall properly prepare and operate the necessary equipment and software at their own responsibility and expense. The Company is not involved in the preparations or methods for users to access the web.
- User shall take measures to prevent computer virus infection, unauthorized access and information leakage, etc., according to his/her own usage environment.
Article 6 (Prohibitions)
When using icotto, Users are required to refrain from the following actions:
- Copying, reproducing, duplicating, sending, transferring, distributing, distributing, reselling, transmitting, making transmittable, modifying, adapting, translating, lending, or storing information provided by the icotto for the purpose of use or exploitation without our prior consent, in whole or in part
- Violation of laws and regulations
- Acts that lead to crimes
- Acts that may harm public order or good morals (including posting, publishing, publicizing, or transmitting expressively violent expressions, explicit sexual expressions, or other expressions that may be offensive to others, including antisocial content)
- Infringing the rights of the Company or any third party (including copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights, honorary rights, privacy rights, and other rights under laws, regulations or contracts)
- Impersonating the Company or a third party or intentionally spreading false information
- Acts of using icotto for the purpose of offering a personal sale or transfer, acts recognized as primarily intended to meet or associate with the opposite sex, or other acts of using icotto for a purpose different from the intended use of icotto
- Providing benefits or other acts of cooperation with antisocial forces
- Religious activities or solicitation of religious organizations
- Collecting, disclosing, or providing personal information, registration information, or usage history information, etc. of a third party without permission.
- Acts that obstruct or interfere with the operation of icotto by the Company or the use of icotto by other users
- Transmitting or writing harmful computer programs, etc.
- Acts that assist or encourage any of the actions listed in (1) to (11) above
- Other acts that the Company deems inappropriate
Article 7 (Handling of content)
- The definitions of the following terms used in these Terms are as follows.
- "Content" refers to text, music, images, videos, programs, codes and other information.
- “the Content” means Content that can be accessed through the Service.
- Users shall not use the Content beyond the manner of use (including duplication, transmission, reprinting, modification, etc.) that is naturally intended by the Service. holders of the Contents.
Article 8 (Linkage with external services in content)
- If the User uses functions to link to external services such as Twitter or Facebook ("Outside Services"), the User is regarded to have authorized the Company in advance, by such linking, (1) to acquire information about Users registered with the External Service operator and display such information on icotto, (2)to post the information created by the User on the Outside Services on behalf of the User and, in doing so, (3) add the URL of the relevant webpage to the information. using linking functions and logging in, the User may be required to give permission for the Company's data access.
- All use of Outside Services, including the registration and use of User IDs for Outside Services (including posting of User-created content to Outside Services), Users shall follow the provisions of the respective terms and conditions stipulated by the operator of the Outside Services.
- When using the Outside Service, the User shall use the service at his/her own responsibility, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of such services, problems with te operators or users of such services, or any other Matters related to such services.
Article 9 (Links to external sites)
The Company makes no warranty (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy, promptness, completeness, merchantability, or purposiveness of the content of any advertisements (in any form) appearing in icotto or any external sites linked to icotto.
Article 10 (Compensation for the Company)
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from and against any and all direct or indirect damages, losses, or expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising out of the User's use of icotto in violation of the law or this Agreement (including cases where the Company receives claims to this effect from third parties).
Article 11 (Provision of this service, no guarantee, change, suspension)
- The Company may limit the users who can receive the provision of this service to customers who meet the requirements for membership registration, age, identity verification, and any other conditions the Company deems necessary.
- The Company may post advertisements of the Company or third parties on icotto.
- If the Company deems it necessary, the Company may change all or part of the content of icotto or discontinue its provision at any time without prior notice to Users.
- The Company shall not be liable for any factual or legal defects (safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, suitability for a particular purpose, security, etc.) in icotto (including the Content). , bugs, copyright infringements, etc. The Company does not assume any obligation to Users to remove such defects and provide the service.
- If the Company recognizes that the User is using icotto in violation of this Agreement, the Company will take measures that the Company deems necessary and appropriate. However, the Company does not guarantee to Users and third parties that Users and other persons do not violate this Agreement. In addition, the Company does not bear any obligations to Users and third parties to prevent or correct such violations.
Article 12 (Disclaimer)
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by Users or third parties in connection with the provision of icotto, or any modification, delay, discontinuation, or abolition of icotto or any other service.
- The Company shall not be lieble for any consequences resulting from system failures, malfunctions, or communication line failures.
Article 13 (Method of Notification or Contact)
Notifications or communications from the Company to users regarding icotto shall be sent in writing, sent by fax or e-mail, posted at an appropriate location within the website operated by the Company, or any other method deemed appropriate by the Company. be deemed to have been made at the time of sending or transmitting or displaying by any of the methods.
Article 14 (Transfer of Status of Service Provider)
The Company may transfer icotto to a third party due to an absorption merger, consolidation merger, absorption split, incorporation split, organizational restructuring such as share exchange share transfer, or other transaction such as business transfer. User accepts this without objection. , the operator of icotto will be the transferee of icotto.
Article 16 (Changes to this Agreement)
- The Company may change this Agreement, in which case the revised version of this Agreement shall enter into effect as of the date designated by the Company.
- In the case referred to in the preceding paragraph, the Company will notify the User of the details of the change to this Agreement and the effective date within a reasonable timeframe not less than one month preceding the effective date. to Users as the result of such change to be minor, the Company may choose to shorten such period.
- The provisions of the preceding paragraph will not apply if changes in this Agreement further the general interests of the Users.
Article 17 (Governing Law)
This Agreement is tol be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Article 18 (Exclusive Agreement Jurisdiction)
The Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court shall be the court of first instance having exclusive jurisdiction over any litigation arising in connection with icotto.
Revision date September 27, 2023
Date of enactment January 4, 2016